Alex practises in:
- general commercial matters;
- employment and industrial law;
- regulatory and civil penalty proceedings, such as ASIC and ACCC matters;
- criminal law, particularly white collar and corporate crime;
- statutory offences;
- disciplinary proceedings;
- sporting tribunals;
- inquiries and inquests; and
- conducting investigations.
Alex began his career at Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills) before serving as Associate to the Honourable Justice AN Siopis of the Federal Court of Australia.
He then practised at Tottle Partners and regularly appeared in commercial, regulatory and disciplinary matters. While at Tottle Partners he was seconded to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Immediately prior to joining the Bar, Alex practised at Timpano Legal in a broad range of criminal and quasi-criminal matters which required regular court appearances in contested applications and jury trials.
Alex also serves as a Legal Officer in the Australian Army Reserve.